Friday, 27 February 2009

Plain Stupid

I don't want you to be the cause of this... "pain" I feel. Do you understand that?
I don't want you to be the one inflicting such agony on someone.
I feel hatred for you sometimes. And I hate it. I don't want you to be hated.

-
No, I'm not deluded. No, I'm not making you out to be something you're not. No, I don't think I'm infatuated. Infatuation can't be this steady, nor as long-lived, or I would have been consumed by it by now. Been there before.

Love? I don't know. Love between humans is too complicated. I'm not entirely convinced it exists, unless it's between parents and children, siblings. And if it does exist, I don't think I'm capable. Besides, love and hate? Such a paradox, I feel, is just an over-complication we don't really deserve.

What, then? Idiocy?

Yes, that makes sense. That's probably it.

2 comments:

Hasini said...

"Love between humans is too complicated"...I absolutely agree..I think love when it's alive,strives on the verge of 'hate' anyway...or maybe our perception of love is totally 'wrong'. Either way I agree that it is too complicated.

Harshi said...

You've nicely expressed the emotions.. It so reminds me of my own past experiences. They say that Love and Hate are only a hairline's breadth apart.. *or was it miles apart* anyway I doubt if it's true for all cases.. And ya, I agree with Springflower, it is complicated. *plus esoteric*