Mummy, Miss Davidson--
- Who?
The Cat Lady...?
- Aah.
Saw her today. Talked to her.
- She's a Crazy, child!
Well, she is our neighbour.
- Hmm.
She once had a fiancé.
- Really? Takes all kinds.
A Sailor, in the Navy.
They almost tied the knot
but then her father found
with a hawker's child
the beau's sister ran off.
- And called the marriage off?
Yes, she was smitten
decided no other
would take his place.
- The way of the world.
- What a shame.
- That's how things were,
- in the olden days.
So, the father was wrong?
- Of course! Such things
- don't matter these days.
I'm so glad mummy,
you think that way!
- Wait! Is this about
- that... boy you've found?
You never asked Daddy!
You said you would.
- He's not for you, child,
- he's just not right.
What? But you said,
he was quite a find!
- Well, be he might,
- but I've asked around.
- Grandfather, an upstart!
- And the mother, coolie crowd!
But does that matter?
You just said--
- Destined for better, child
- no daughter of mine--
- What?-- Wait... listen, child
- all I'm saying--
Have to find Kitty, Mum,
Kitty's milk time.
Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow.This is very creative! I love it.
Glad you do :) The timeless story, eh? I was just thinking... if this keeps up, our gene-pool is screwed.
Wow.. it neatly rhymes and amusing at the same time.. would love to see more of them in future.. ^__^
Post a Comment