I've decided to take Springflower's advice and write more. When time permits. And maybe eventually, make this blog public. In the meantime, this is where my random scribbles will come to die... or get new life. Depending on how good or crap they are to begin with.
I hear real writers mull over a piece for days, weeks, years even, before they declare their work complete. I just spit stuff out. I have this raging restlessness from the time an idea is incepted to the time I put it out there. I'm careless like that. Maybe I should think about doing a little less of that and a little more of what real-writers do. Just for the sake of doing things right (as the convention goes).
My life's full of could-have-done's and I'm getting tired of it. It's been too long since I wrote anything of substance, I've forgotten how good it felt, and almost forgotten how to do it.
My mind's been too preoccupied, and it's hard to keep up with my thoughts (if my mind was a person, I'd have to run to keep up), let alone write anything down. I think it's time I slowed my pace. I've forgotten why I was running.
I don't know how or why I started writing, and I hated letting people see what I wrote. Simply feared being judged. But when they did read my quiet musings, they liked it - most of the time. I always thought, and still do think that it's just Fool's Gold. You can be the judge. It ain't over 'til the fat chick sings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hehe..I'm glad you took 'springflower's' advice..it's really great to read what you write..and she is exactly like you. she also just 'spits stuff out'. It just feels good sometimes. Looking forward to reading this page more frequently!
Ah! a mutual acquaintance..
Indeed. Her blog led me you yours.
*to
!
You know.. most of your thoughts sound similar to mine.. especially the things you said about "could-have-done's" and "fear of being judged".. =D Glad you started blogging and glad you influenced me as well.. hehe.. Hope I too could influence a few to join the world of blogging, sometime soon.. =D
I vow I will only use my Powers of Inflencing only for good! :D
Post a Comment