Sunday, 8 March 2009

What am I?

Well, I... Hmm. Hadn't really had an opportunity to ponder on that before. Let me think. Yes, fundamentally, I'm Human, according to the generally accepted norm. Homo sapiens sapiens - yes, twice wise, apparently. A thinking species, at least according to our own standards. Omnivorous. Though sometimes I choose to be a herbivore, you see. Freedom of choice, coupled with highly developed mental capabilities. I have opposable thumbs and can even walk upright. Warm blooded too... Exactly like you, as a matter of fact.

Why do you ask?

Oh. Is that what you meant? I misunderstood. Perfectly alright. No, no, didn't think you rude.

The colour of my skin, the features of my face, my choice of dress - not like yours because I'm not you. Funnily enough though, still as human as you are. Didn't you hear about how we were made into nations and tribes so that we may know one another?

What a schemozzle if we all looked alike. Others would have confused me for you! You, with that breadth-of-view of an ant hole.

2 comments:

Harshi said...

Good question and cool answer.. =D Can't even imagine how things will turn out if we were to look exactly alike. Then again it's not something we can rule out saying absurd or impossible, cuz if by any chance they begin producing human clones on a large scale some day, it wouldn't be impossible would it.. for all humans to look all the same? =D

Scribbler said...

Haren, I suppose it's a composite of quite a few people. Who might as well have had minds quite alike.

Harumi, interesting observation. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!